“The Enterprise Big Data Engineer (EBDE®) course will teach participants the technical requirements to set up, maintain and improve Enterprise Big Data Environments.”
The Enterprise Big Data Engineer (EBDE®) training course is designed to provide a comprehensive introduction to the world of Big Data and its associated technologies. The course will cover various aspects of Big Data, from data storage and processing to data governance and management, and will also cover data visualization, business intelligence, and machine learning.
Throughout the course, participants will gain a deep understanding of Big Data and its challenges, as well as the distributed systems concepts and architectures that underpin it. They will learn about different data storage options, including relational and NoSQL databases, data warehousing, and data lakes. Additionally, they will become proficient in using Hadoop and its ecosystem, including HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, and Spark.
Participants will also learn about data streaming and real-time processing, including streaming data concepts and architectures, and technologies such as Kafka, Storm, and Flink. They will also gain an understanding of data governance and management, including data quality, data lineage, data privacy, and security, and metadata management.
In addition to learning about the technical aspects of Big Data, participants will also learn about data visualization and business intelligence. They will learn about data visualization concepts and tools, and how to use them to create interactive dashboards and reports. They will also gain an understanding of business intelligence and reporting, and how to use them to make data-driven decisions.
Finally, participants will have the opportunity to work on a real-world Big Data project, where they will apply the skills and knowledge they have gained throughout the course. This will provide hands-on experience working with various Big Data technologies and tools, and will give them the opportunity to put their new skills into practice.
This course is designed for individuals who are new to the field of Big Data, as well as those who have some experience but want to gain a deeper understanding of the various technologies and tools used in Big Data engineering. The course is suitable for professionals from a variety of backgrounds, including software engineers, data scientists, and business analysts.
By the end of this course, participants will have a strong understanding of Big Data and its associated technologies, and will be well-prepared to take on roles as Big Data engineers or to pursue further study in the field. They will have the necessary skills and knowledge to work with large and complex data sets, and will be able to use various Big Data technologies and tools to extract valuable insights and make data-driven decisions.
This course positions learners to successfully complete the Enterprise Big Data Engineer certification exam.
The course objectives of the Enterprise Big Data Engineer course include an advanced understanding of the technical environment and components necessary to construct and maintain a Big Data environment. Moreover, an Enterprise Big Data Engineer is able to correctly structure data pipelines.
A certified Enterprise Big Data Engineer has proficiency in key technologies required to store and processes massive data sets. (S)he understands the technologies with which Big Data environments are structure and has a deep understanding of how data is structured.
The Learning objectives of this course include:
- Understanding of big data concepts and technologies, such as Hadoop, Spark, and NoSQL databases.
- Ability to design, implement and maintain big data infrastructure and platforms.
- Knowledge of data warehousing, data lake, and data pipeline design and development.
- Proficiency in using big data tools and technologies, such as Apache Hive, Pig, and Impala for data processing and analysis.
- Familiarity with big data storage systems, such as HDFS and S3.
- Understanding of big data security, governance, and compliance best practices.
- Ability to use big data visualization and reporting tools, such as Tableau and PowerBI.
- Knowledge of machine learning and its application to big data.
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms, such as AWS, Azure, and GCP for big data implementation.
- Experience with real-world big data projects, including hands-on experience with big data processing and analysis.
This qualification is aimed at individuals who are new to the field of Big Data, as well as those who have some experience but want to gain a deeper understanding of the various technologies and tools used in Big Data engineering.
The target audience of the Enterprise Big Data Engineer qualification therefore includes the following roles:
- Big Data Engineers
- Data Engineers
- Data Scientists
- Business Intelligence Developers
- IT Professionals
- Data Analysts
- Data Architects
- Cloud Architects
Participants to the Enterprise Big Data Engineer course will receive the following study materials:
- 24 hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in unique exercises designed to apply concepts
- Sample documents, templates, tools and techniques
- Access to additional value-added resources and communities
The Enterprise Big Data Analyst is an advanced level course, that will require experience in fundamental data structures. The Enterprise Big Data Professional level is a mandatory prerequisite.
Successfully passing (65%) the 150-minute examination, consisting of 80 complex multiple-choice questions, leads to the Enterprise Big Data Engineer (EBDE) Certificate. The examination and certification process is administered by APMG-International on behalf of the Enterprise Big Data Framework Alliance.