“The Enterprise Big Data Professional (EBDP®) course will teach participants the fundamental concepts and techniques behind ‘Big Data,’ and how organizations can retrieve value from large quantities of data.”
The Enterprise Big Data Professional (EBDP®) course provides an introduction to the core concepts and techniques of Big Data, and provides an overview of the capabilities that organizations need to develop to move towards data-driven decision making. By embedding Big Data capabilities, organization can make faster and more reliable decisions and bring products faster to market.
Big Data and the use of corresponding Big Data technologies have quickly risen in popularity in recent years and many organizations have set up dedicated data analysis or Big Data function in the organization. In this course, we will discuss how organizations can use Big Data technologies and techniques to spot patterns in large quantities of enterprise data and how these patterns can be used to increase overall performance.
The Enterprise Big Data Professional course discusses the core concepts, technologies and practical use of Big Data technologies, based on the capability model of the Big Data Framework. The Big Data Framework provides a holistic and compressive approach for enterprises that aim to leverage the value of data in their organizations. The framework covers all the essential aspects of Big Data that are necessary to understand and analyze massive quantities of data.
The Enterprise Big Data Professional course is an entry-level course that will provide delegates with a fundamental understanding of Big Data and related technologies. In this extensive program, delegates will learn how to adopt, adapt and apply the fundamental principles of Big Data in their own organization to realize business benefits.
The Enterprise Big Data Professional training and corresponding certification is the first level of the Big Data Framework course curriculum and certification program, which is globally accredited by APMG-International. The curriculum provides a vendor-neutral and objective understanding of Big Data architectures, technologies and processes.
This course positions learners to successfully complete the Enterprise Big Data Professional certification exam.
The course objectives of the Enterprise Big Data Professional course include a practical understanding Big Data concepts and technologies, and will prepare participants to:
- Explain the history and context of Big Data in comparison to traditional data analysis techniques and solutions.
- Describe the fundamental characteristics of data analysis, big data, machine learning and artificial intelligence and the differences between these concepts.
- Describe how to formulate a Big Data strategy that underpins the business drivers of Big Data and Big Data solutions in order to capture the value proposition of Big Data.
- Discuss the high-level principles and design elements of contemporary Big Data architectures and explain their core benefits.
- Explain fundamental Big Data algorithms and processing techniques in order to select the appropriate techniques to solve practical Big Data problems.
- Identify how to apply the Big Data processes that are necessary in enterprise organizations to capture value from massive quantities of data.
- Explain key functions, roles and competences in organizations that are necessary to capture long-term value from Big Data.
- Understand the importance and concept of Artificial Intelligence and its relation to Big Data methods and solutions.
The Enterprise Big Data Professional qualification is aimed at individuals who are involved in enterprise Big Data analysis, who require a working knowledge of the principles behind Big Data, who need to know the terminology used and some of the theory behind the practice. The target audience of the Enterprise Big Data Professional qualification therefore includes:
- Data Analysts
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- Digital Marketeers
- IT Professionals
- Everyone who wants to learn more about Big Data
The Enterprise Big Data Professional qualification is an entry-level course for all processionals that aim to get a basic understanding of Big Data terminology, core concepts and Big Data solutions.
Participants to the Enterprise Big Data Professional course will receive the following study materials:
- 24 hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in unique exercises designed to apply concepts
- Sample documents, templates, tools and techniques
- Access to additional value-added resources and communities
The course will provide an overview of existing technologies, but will not go into programming or implementation. There is no mandatory prerequisite to take the Enterprise Big Data Professional examination.
Successfully passing (65%) the 90-minute examination, consisting of 60 multiple-choice questions, leads to the Enterprise Big Data Professional (EBDP) Certificate. The examination and certification process is administered by APMG-International on behalf of the Enterprise Big Data Framework Alliance.