“The Enterprise Big Data Architect (EBDAR®) course will teach participants advanced design techniques for architecting Big Data environments. The EBDAR course provides a solid theoretical foundation for data architects that need to design highly scalable IT and data architectures.”
The Enterprise Big Data Architect (EBDAR®) training course is designed to provide a comprehensive introduction to the design, implementation, and management of Big Data systems, platforms, and infrastructures. The course will cover various aspects of Big Data architecture, from data storage and processing to data governance and management, and will also cover cloud computing, machine learning and predictive analytics.
Throughout the course, participants will gain a deep understanding of Big Data architecture and its components, as well as the distributed systems concepts and architectures that underpin it. They will learn about different data storage options, including relational and NoSQL databases, data warehousing, and data lakes. Additionally, they will become proficient in using Hadoop and its ecosystem, including HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, and Spark.
The Enterprise Big Data Architect participants will also learn about data streaming and real-time processing, including streaming data concepts and architectures, and technologies such as Kafka, Storm, and Flink. They will also gain an understanding of data governance and management, including data quality, data lineage, data privacy, and security, and metadata management.
In addition to learning about the technical aspects of Big Data, participants will also learn about cloud computing for Big Data, including cloud computing concepts and platforms, and how to use Big Data on AWS, Azure, and GCP. They will also learn about best practices and deployment strategies for deploying big data systems in the cloud. Participants will learn how to design and implement scalable, high-performance, and reliable Big Data architectures for data storage, processing, governance, and analysis. They will also learn about scalability, performance, and high availability, including how to scale Big Data systems and applications, performance tuning and optimization, and high availability and disaster recovery.
Finally, participants will have the opportunity to work on a real-world Big Data project, where they will apply the skills and knowledge they have gained throughout the course. This will provide hands-on experience designing, implementing, and monitoring a Big Data architecture, and will give them the opportunity to put their new skills into practice.
By the end of this course, participants will have a strong understanding of Big Data architecture and its associated technologies, and will be well-prepared to take on roles as Big Data Architects or to pursue further study in the field. They will have the necessary skills and knowledge to design, implement and manage big data systems, platforms and infrastructures, and will be able to use various big data technologies and tools to extract valuable insights and make data-driven decisions.
This course positions learners to successfully complete the Enterprise Big Data Architect certification exam.
The course objectives of the Enterprise Big Data Architect program include an advanced understanding of design techniques to architect IT environments that can process massive data sets at scale. Moreover, an Enterprise Big Data Architect must understand reference architectures to accomodate different Big Data technologies and tools.
A certified Enterprise Big Data Architects has advanced proficiency in the design of complicated Enterprise IT environments. (S)he understands the theoretical possibilities and challenges for processing data at scale and is able to recommend the best design and solutions to executive management.
The learning objectives for the Enterprise Big Data Architect training include:
- Understanding of big data concepts and technologies, such as Hadoop, Spark, and NoSQL databases
- Ability to design, implement, and maintain a big data architecture that meets the organization’s business and technical requirements
- Knowledge of data warehousing, data lake, and data pipeline design and development
- Proficiency in using big data tools and technologies, such as Apache Hive, Pig, and Impala for data processing and analysis
- Familiarity with big data storage systems, such as HDFS and S3
- Understanding of big data security, governance, and compliance best practices
- Knowledge of machine learning and its application to big data
- Familiarity with cloud computing platforms, such as AWS, Azure, and GCP for big data implementation
- Experience with real-world big data projects, including hands-on experience with big data processing and analysis
- Understanding of how to design, implement and manage big data infrastructures in a distributed and parallel manner.
- Understanding of data modeling and data governance best practices
- Knowledge of the different big data platforms and technologies and how to choose the right one for a specific use case
This qualification is aimed at individuals who are involved in the design of enterprise Big Data architectures. Please note that this is an advanced course, requiring significant efforts to pass the exam and obtain the qualification.
The target audience of the Enterprise Big Data Architect qualification therefore includes the following roles:
- Senior Data Engineers
- Data Architects
- Enterprise IT Architects
- Big Data Scientists
Participants to the Enterprise Big Data Architect course will receive the following study materials:
- 40 hours of instructor-led training and exercise facilitation
- Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Participation in unique exercises designed to apply concepts
- Sample documents, templates, tools and techniques
- Access to additional value-added resources and communities
The Enterprise Big Data Architect is an advanced level course, that will require working experience in data engineering techniques. The Enterprise Big Data Engineer level is a mandatory prerequisite. Participant who have a similar prerequisite can request a waiver of the prerequisite from the Enterprise Big Data Framework Alliance Educational Board.
Successfully passing (65%) the 150-minute examination, consisting of 80 complex multiple-choice questions, leads to the Enterprise Big Data Architect (EBDAR) Certificate. The examination and certification process is administered by APMG-International on behalf of the Enterprise Big Data Framework Alliance