Enterprise Big Data Framework Ambassador Program
The Enterprise Big Data Framework (EBDF) Ambassador Program has been developed to increase awareness about Big Data practices in online communities and enterprises. The EBDF ambassadors are leading voices in the Big Data industry and contribute significantly to create awareness about Big Data best practices. The ambassador program has been set up by the EBDF Alliance to coordinate the development of Big Data thought leadership, enhance local representation of EBDF in enterprises, and form a community of experts that drive the adoption of Big Data best practices.
Through the EBDF ambassador program, it is possible to associate yourself or your organization with the Enterprise Big Data Framework Alliance. As an official ambassador, you will automatically receive a license to use the EBDF logo, community materials and digital resources. With these materials, you will be able to advocate Big Data best practices in your region and company. As an ambassador, you will receive an official ambassador certificate and digital badge to display the ambassador status to the community.
Our ambassadors need to adhere to a number of specific requirements:
Ambassadors are Big Data thought leaders and are recognized in the industry because of their experience and expertise.
Ambassadors adhere to the EBDF Code of Conduct and fulfill the EBDF Ambassador responsibilities.
Ambassadors function independently and use the ambassadorship to increase awareness and knowledge about Big Data best practices.
Ambassadors are volunteers who commit their time and expertise for the purpose of the community. The ambassador program does not provide remuneration.
Ambassadors get appointed for a period of 3-years, which can be extended upon mutual agreement after each term.
FAQs about the EBDF Ambassador Program
Can anyone become an Ambassador?
The ambassador program is primarily intended for thought leaders in the Big Data industry, who are recognized for their knowledge and thought leadership. All applications will be reviewed by the EBDF Board and will be tested for qualification. Applicants who have a proven track-record at companies who are actively involved in the Big Data industry are preferred.
What are some things an Ambassador might do?
- Create content and materials to support EBDF’s vision of an open and community-driven approach to increase knowledge and expertise about Big Data best practices, and advocate further professionalization of the Big Data industry.
- Participate in and contribute in local community conferences, workshops and gatherings and represent EBDF on these occasions.
- Provide presentations or lectures at Big Data conferences and seminars, or host webinars that help to evangelize the mission and vision of EBDF.
- Contribute to working groups where Ambassadors come together and work on social media activities, planning and execution of local events, discussing speaking engagements and collaborating on presentations.
- Answer community questions on social networks or via direct messaging.
- Get involved early in new EBDF launches and provide early feedback to marketing and launch initiatives to ensure that EBDF programs resonate well in local markets.
What is the time commitment required for being an Ambassador?
The commitment depends on the interest and ambition of the Ambassador. There are no mandatory minimum or maximum time commitment, and some months might be busier than others, depending on scheduled events. The purpose of the Ambassador role is to have a mutually beneficial relation. The more time you put into the program, the more benefits you will get out the program. All ambassadors are initially appointed for a period of 3 years.
Does EBDF pay Ambassadors?
No, being an Ambassador is a volunteer role for a select group of individuals. EBDF will pay for specific out-of-pocket expenses, but in essence this role is unpaid and completely voluntary.
Will there be multiple Ambassadors per country?
EBDF will evaluate the number of Ambassadors per country on a case-by-case basis. In principle, we strive for a limited number of ambassadors per country. In large countries, such as China or the U.S., multiple ambassadors are appointed to cover different geographic locations. Another key influencing factor is the ‘Big Data maturity’ of the specific market.
What are some benefits of becoming an Ambassador?
- Through the Ambassador Program, you will have an official association with EBDF;
- As an official Ambassador, you will receive an automatic license to use the trademarks and licensed IP of EBDF in your own publications or website.
- Through the Ambassador Program, you can build your network and reputation as a Thought Leader in the Big Data industry.
- Ambassadors will be asked to speak at conferences, seminars and online webinars on behalf of EBDF.
- Ambassadors will be provided with early-access to new products, providing a window of opportunity to be first to market when a new product is launched.
- Ambassadors will be recognized with an official certificate and Digital Badge.
- As an Ambassador you will be have the opportunity to network and meet other regional ambassadors and learn from their experience and expertise.
- The opportunity to collaborate with other Ambassadors, learn from each other and share experiences amongst peers.